Tuesday, June 21, 2016

So much stuff going on

Just when I felt like things were stalling a bit, a bunch of stuff comes together all at the same time.

On my way out the door to my meeting at the WKO (Chamber of Commerce), the mail carrier shoved a small package into my hands. YAY, my first marketing materials!  It was a roll of stickers I ordered last week as handouts. :)))

They come in a clever box that lets you either take them out on the flat roll, or pull directly off the backing.


Then back at my external home office...
OMG it stopped raining for the first time in 4 weeks. I had to take my stuff outside pronto!

I started writing this post to the sound of two fine looking young men taking a chain saw to the wooden beams that separate my inventory room from the rest of the house.

My handyman said "I'm a little bit scared" when he talked about cutting through those posts today. So am I :-O
As you know, my house was built approx. 80 years ago. Back at that time it was apparently a thing to have maid's quarters built directly onto the house. It's even drawn into the main house plans as "Magdzimmer". It's these rooms I'll be using as my warehouse.

Since it was originally designed as servants' quarters, the only way up to the two rooms is through a narrow spiderweb infested rickety back staircase. We wouldn't want the servants using the main staircase obviously...  ;-D

A master Zimmermann (carpenter) made a hefty door frame to act as a replacement for the vertical supporting beam you see there. How weird is it that a vertical beam doesn't go all the way to the floor? And then there is the random crossbeam. Craziness.

They are popping in the frame this afternoon. I'll be so happy to have the doorway done so I refinish the floor and start moving the racks in!



1 comment:

  1. Hi, that's a snappy company name. Hope it takes off :)
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete